Private Bird Watching Tour
According to the Guide of the Birds of Costa Rica by Gary Stiles and Alexander Skutch,
“Costa Rica may be the only country in the world to have so many bird species and habitats accessible within such a small area no larger than West Virginia. Costa Rica boasts an avifauna of more than 900 species more than in all North America north of Mexico.”
This private tour is recommended for birders, as well as for people who just enjoy seeing birds. It takes place in Monteverde’s Nature Preserves, either Curi-Cancha Reserve or the world famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve.
Monteverde, because of its geographical position, is influenced by both the Caribbean and Pacific, which produce Monteverde´s microclimate. This microclimate allows trees to produce fruits in several different protected areas. One of the most diverse and important species of trees in the area belongs to the family Lauraceae, which occurs in the highest abundance and diversity in the Cloud Forest. This tree family produces edible avocado for both humans and frugivorous birds such as Quetzals, Bellbirds, and Guans. Your guide knows which trees are fruiting and where birds are nesting, so those places will be likely locations to find birds.
Depending on the time of the year, we can also see migratory birds and nesting birds.
– Private tour begins at 6:10 am and lasts about 5 hours.
– Tour location is either Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve or Curi-Cancha Reserve. We will always recommend the best location according to your bird list, target species, and expectations.
– Transportation can be arranged.
– Professional Bilingual Naturalist Guide certified by Costa Rica’s Tourism Chamber.
– Spotting scope / spotting telescope.
– NOTE: Ticket/Entrance fee to the Reserve is NOT included.
What To Bring:
– Waterproof jacket.
– Camera or smartphone, fully charged.
– Hiking Shoes.